
Morty Silvertongue's Adventures pt3
Entering the lower parts of the tomb I was greeted by some not so nice undead, raised from death. These skeletons are a real pain, as they see right through my stealth skill and attack without hesitation. I barely scraped through the few fights I had to deal with to eventually find what I thought would be enough of these coins to make the Taxman happy.
Slowly I made my way from the bowls of the tomb. I made camp not far from the tomb site and awaited morning to search out the Taxman and give him the spoils he sure does'nt deserve!
Whilst I was passing the time before dusk fell, I came across a diviner that was out collecting a few odd things growing in the grounds around where I was camped. She looked worried and I asked her if she was alright. She looked my way and after a few moments asked if I was interested in making some coin in assisting her with a small problem.
I thought on this for a small time and decided I need the coin so why not! Offering my help she mentioned that a wolf's den not far from here had been killing her live stock and stalking her whilst she was out in the forest. She has asked me to kill the wolf pack leader and bring her it's hide as prooof of its demise. Feeling that this is a task suited to my skills perfectly I accepted the task.
As dusk was an hour or so away, I decided to check out the cave and see if I can find this pack leader. Upon entering I find it has a few young wolves near the entrance, Easily dispatched with some sneaky backstabbing, I venture forth deeper into the cave, I rounded a small corner in the cave and there it was. A large grey wolf, slightly larger than me. "heh! just about everything is larger than a Halfling" considering whether I should tackle this creature now or wait til morning when they are more likely to be sleeping through the daylight hours. Time was wasting and I could'nt really see an opening for an quick attack, I was just about to turn and leave when I was jumped from behind and attacked by a younger wolf. Now the poo had hit the fan, Not only did I have to take on a young wolf, but also the leader and one other that came when the leader charged!
With a flash of canine teeth and steel, it was over virtually before it began. After the fight I stood there, coated in blood and fur with three dead wolves at my feet, and myself barely alive. I deiced to get out of here before any of the younger wolves return and decide to take vengeance with my battleworn body.
Sneaking out I made my way back to the woman I had met and offered to help, She was elated with my victory and gave me some coin and allowed me to rest in her house to heal my wounds before I set out on the morrow for the Taxman.
No comments:
Post a Comment